AUTOStraßenverkehr - Issue 23/2017 - from 18 October 2017: New releases in the first competition check + top Test: New VW Polo + Used check: VW Passat + Ford Edge vs. Hyundai Grand Santa Fe
Car traffic is now available as a digital edition for Android. Find more information!
Dear readers, dear readers,
the electric drive triggers the emission problems of the car? No, as long as he is instructed as a storage medium on batteries which are energy-consuming to produce and are fed with electricity from fossil sources. Nevertheless applies as for the diesel talk: You have to differentiate. Where local air pollutants (though not matter) have to be reduced, a large electric fleet, which is ideally powered by electricity from renewable sources, quickly make a measurable difference. On the other hand, neither the available today battery technology nor the charging infrastructure are adapted to meet all mission profiles of cars and commercial vehicles.
Yet the e-technology can contribute to achieving the statutory CO2 targets for internal combustion engines faster. For example, in the form of lightweight mild hybrid concepts with small batteries and powerful starter generators that mitigate the peak loads of gasoline and diesel engines and thus reduce CO2 emissions. Critics also call this a temporary solution. True - but one with great potential.
Have fun reading the lecture,
Your Stefan Cerchez
Content AUTOStraßenverkehr issue 23/2017
- AUTO-date: News about cars
- Cover story: The most important innovations and their closest rivals. Also present: Skoda Karoq, VW T-Roc, Citroën C3 Aircross, Kia Stonic, Hyundai i30 N and Jaguar E-Pace
- At the start: Kia Stinger - a Gran Turismo on Korean Art
- At the start: VW Tiguan AllSpace - more than Van SUV?
- At the start: BMW X3 - dominated the third generation of agility and comfort equally?
- Comparison Test: Compact station wagon with three-cylinder: Ford Focus 1.0 EcoBoost, Opel Astra Sports Tourer 1.0 Turbo DI and Skoda Octavia Combi 1.0 TSI
- Top Test: VW Polo 1.0 TSI - is the sixth generation of new standards? With buying advice and equipment tips
- Comparison Test: Ford Edge 2.0 TDCi against Hyundai Grand Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi - two powerful four-wheel drive in a duel. These five SUV alternatives with strong diesel engines
- Comparison Test: Honda Civic Type R and VW Golf R - two wild cars, handing out strong and a lot of fun
- Test: Audi A3 Sportback g-tron - natural gas variant is a real alternative to the diesel engine?
- Test: Renault Captur TCe 120 - the French have touched up at the facelift in the right places?
- Test: Range Rover Velar D300 SE - fills the gap between Evoque and Range Rover Sport
- The better buy: Peugeot 3008 or 5008?
- Market car registrations in September
- Report: Over the diesel problem, a tepid emissions legislation and the E-mobility that is not so green
- Markenlexikon: Jeep
- Winter tires: Alpine symbol is mandatory in 2018
- Data security in the car: Where are the risks and how to go protect myself from hackers?
- Test: Ten Wheel Cleaner face the practical test
- Check with Master Wish: Is it worth buying a VW Passat last generation? Plus info on cost of wear parts and the market situation
travel & report
- Driving times back: On the road along the River by numerous beautiful cities - from Bamberg to Aschaffenburg
- United Germany Ring: Deep in the east of Saxony we go to a race track that was never really in operation
- Ansichtssache SUV replace vans and station wagons
- Readers Forum letters and inquiries
- AUTO puzzles Profit: exclusive quilted jacket from Bilstein
All cars in the new issue of car traffic 23/2017
- Audi A3
- BMW 2 Series
- BMW X1
- BMW X3
- Citroen C3 Aircross
- Citroën C4 Cactus
- Ford Edge
- Ford Focus
- Honda Civic
- Hyundai i30
- Hyundai Grand Santa Fe
- Jaguar E-Pace
- Kia Sorento
- Kia Stinger
- Kia Stonic
- Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Nissan Leaf
- Nissan X-Trail
- Opel astra
- Opel Crossland X
- Peugeot 3008
- Peugeot 5008
- Range Rover Velar
- Renault Captur
- Renault Koleos
- Seat Ateca
- Skoda Karoq
- Skoda Kodiaq
- Skoda Octavia
- Subaru Levorg
- Tesla Model 3
- Toyota Century
- VW Golf
- VW Polo
- VW Passat
- VW T-Roc
- VW Tiguan AllSpace